Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bright Blue and Bangle Bracelets


Aritzia Blazer (another petite-friendly pick here), F21 Skirt (similar here), Ann Taylor Tights, Gianni Bini Shoes (similar here), Nordstrom Watch and Necklace (similar), Bracelets: InPink (similar) and HM, Michael Kors Sunglasses


One of my style resolutions this year is to accessorize more.  Typically, it's hard for me to find bracelets (especially bangles) that don't just slide off my arm, since I have petite wrists.  Fortunately, I found this silver bangle set at H&M, who carries bracelets in various sizes.  (The set I'm wearing is a XS/S.)  I'm also wearing bracelets from InPink.com, silver necklaces from Nordstrom, and my favorite initial watch.  

I wore this outfit recently to a semi-casual dinner with friends and then (sans blazer) to drinks afterward. I kept the colors in the outfit simple, since I wanted the bright blue of the skirt to "pop."  

The Talulu blazer I'm wearing here is from Aritzia, which is one of my favorite places to shop.  Typically, it's incredibly hard for me to find blazers that fit my petite stature.  I'm 5'2'' on a good day, so shopping for structured pieces can often be challenging!  I love the fact that Aritzia carries a range of smaller sizes, including 00 and XXS, for us shorter girls.  Their price/quality ratio is pretty good - I'd say on par with Zara's but below that of Banana Republic or J Crew's wool blazers.  I love that the sleeves and torso if this particular blazer are slim, with no alterations needed. (There's nothing that looks frumpier than too-wide sleeves on a blazer.)  Other than Aritzia, I've gotten most of my blazers at BR.

Do you also have trouble finding bracelets and clothes that fit? 


Love, S

2 comments:

  1. me!!! because mi arms areo so thin... here in lima i cant find xs =(


    www.legallyfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela!

      You can try shopping in the US when on vacation or in Asia! A lot of clothing in Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea is made slimmer. Yesstyle.com is a good place to order Asian clothing online, too. A small there is often like an XXS here. Be sure to check the measurements listed on each product, though, since sizing varies per product.

      Thanks for visiting and following my blog! Just checked out yours and followed on Bloglovin', too. :)

      Delete